Saturday, January 07, 2006

A Surprise!

I wear a white robe on Sunday mornings for worship. Not everyone likes it. They think it looks too much like a sheet. Anyway, yesterday a parishioner told me that they had black choir robes upstairs in a little-used room. When I went up to check it out, I have to say that I wasn't all that interested in the choir robes. But, in my exploration I found...

*drumroll*

...a COSSACK!

I love cossacks. IMO, they are about the neatest liturgical attire out there. I can't wait to sport it tomorrow morning.

It's not the suggested robe to replace the one people don't like, so it will be interesting to see whether they like this one.

4 comments:

The Catshark said...

quite interesting. You will have to post about what people thought. Going a bit european I see.

irreverance said...

So far, all the comments have been good. A couple of people have noted the Matrix "Neo-esque" look. And someone mentioned the Thornbirds. Unfortunately, I can't remember anything of the Thornbirds to know whether that is good or bad, but I'll assume good.

Hey look, I'm slowly remembering where my blog is and that I need to update it every once in a while. :)

The Catshark said...

woo hoo! Welcome back to the world of Blogging! I bet that was a boost for the old ego! "Neo-esque" huh! I have only seen little bits of the Thornbirds and that was a long time ago so I couldn't tell you if it was a good thing or a bad thing!

irreverance said...

Thanks for the returning welcome. I'm all into ego boosts (though there are those who claim to be my friends who think my ego does not need boosting). :)