Saturday, December 17, 2005

A Picture's Worth A Thousand Screams

Threats Will Get You Everywhere

Title: "Threats Will Get You Everywhere"


I just completed this last night. Overall, the whole drawing took about 10 hours. It was nice and relaxing.

I drew this from a reference (taking a bit of artistic licence of course). The original can be found in the new Contagion anthology, War Stories put out by Aegis Studios.

Anyway, this was all about getting back into the habit a bit. I started with the left and worked my way right. As time progressed, I started getting back into the groove. As a result, the right looked much better than the left. So I went over it with some digital touchups here and there (and there and there). It's amazing how easy it is to tell the difference from the right side (which is dominated by pencil rendering) and the left side (which has substantial digital alterations). I definitely like the pencil work better.

And don't forget to notice the tatoo. I didn't want to mess up the drawing when trying trying to figure out where to put my sig. And there we have it: An immortal young lass wearing my name on her arm for all eternity! The ultimate in artistic vanity? You tell me. Some would say yes. Some would say no. The rest of us could really care less.

0 comments: