Monday, February 23, 2009

Firefly

Recently I borrowed Firefly (again) from InvaderTim. Good series. When it was on TV, I wasn't interested. Now, I thought it would be a good series for inspiration while working on the sci-fi game.

When I first saw Firefly, I had yet to see Buffy or Angel (also not interested while they were on TV). While watching Firefly this time around, I've noticed something. Angel and Buffy seemed to have a knack for not only telling a quick story, but also for saying something about the human condition. There was a certain depth to them. Firefly doesn't seem to shoot for that.

I'm going to guess that this is the reason it ended up getting canceled. Yeah, I know, it was ratings. But what led to the lower ratings? Could it be that one of the things that made for a Joss Wheedon Special just wasn't there? That's my suspicion.


Nonetheless, I still love the series.  

0 comments: