Friday, March 04, 2005

Plotting and Scheming


It doesn't exist yet. I've been working on it in my spare time. It's an intro book to Christianity as a religious option in America. The BIG plan is to turn it into a supplement book for a video series. It would be a way to present a Christian alternative to both those already in the pews and to those who are on the outside of the church. It is all about a Christian option for postmoderns who are both experiential and thinking people.

On another note...

I've been thinking about how I could best describe God in my own words (which means specifically not using anyone else's formula). This is what I came up with:


God is the...
Life-Giving Source of Creativity
Unifying Way of Interconnectedness
Abysmally Absolute Other

2 comments:

Tim said...

Is this the thing I'll be helping you on? cool.

When you say "other" in your poem, was that a ref to Sartre's idea of the other? He offered that God was the ultimate embodiment of the other.

irreverance said...

Answer #1: Yes. In my mind the project is already much bigger than what we've already discussed. (Yes, I still think big.) Which reminds me, we need to talk soon since my timetable has potentially been boosted up.

Answer #2: I'm embarrassed to say that I've never read Sartre. But I know that he's a significant postmodern thinker and I love postmodern thought. But, with the way you described it, that sounds like what I was shooting for. And "abysmal" is used with a bit of a double entedre. It is at once refering to an inexhaustable pit, while at the same time evoking a sense of "awe/terror" at the prospect of encountering something so radically different.