Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Moving Down the Page

panel 2
panel 3

When I put together "Daddy's Home" I had a page layout in mind. I'm continuing with it. This leaves only two more panels to go. One is already sketched. The other, which is more complicated, is still blank.

Since I'm keeping track of time...

The sketch of the remaining panels (minus the one yet to be done) is 1 hour. Each of these panel colorings took short of 2 hours each. That means the 6 (for the first pic) +1 (for the sketch) +4 (for the renderings)= 11 hours so far. My guess is that I will need another 5 hours till finished. That will be a whopping 16 hours to complete the entire page. If that holds, then working full time, I can finish a page every two days.

Since a comic typically has a penciler and a colorer, I don't know whether that is a good speed or not.

0 comments: