Saturday, June 25, 2005

"Gorilla" or "Guerilla"?

Last night I spent a bit of time putting together forums for the Gorilla Art Thing. Sure, I know that it's supposed to be "guerilla," but I was putting them together and liked "gorilla" at that moment. Ergo, the name.

Why? Well, I was looking at different free forums sites and wanted to put something together, but didn't know what to go with. Then I thought that they would really help with the gorilla gig.

It really didn't take very long. They have several skins to chose from. After picking a few (and yes, members have a choice of which one they use), it was just a matter of throwing in a few categories and boards. Voilla! Ready-made virtual community.

Now all I have to do is find out whether this is something they want. If not, I'll just delete them (no biggie). For me, I got what I wanted: a bit of experience setting up forums. Now, I am thinking of redesigning and customizing a skin.

The only downfall with these things is the banner ads. They stay until you pay. I don't feel like pumping $4 a month into cleaning up the board yet. Maybe in the future when I get more settled financially.

0 comments: