Monday, June 27, 2005

Sunday

Sunday was an emotionally confusing day for me. The first part was really hard: my last Sunday in th pulpit in Ladd. On Wednesday (my birthday nonetheless) we will have a congregational meeting to determine the direction of the small country church. The options are severely limited. Thursday is my last day here. Then...who knows. Maybe I will have a minor part time position in a church with pizza delivery on the side until I can get something. Maybe I will do only pizza delivery. We'll see.

On the bright side, after a nap I went up to the Guerilla Art Thing in Rockford. That was a lot of fun. We had a couple of new people. Very cool. Travis Legge from Aegis Studios dropped in for a while. (Artsy-type FYI: I think Aegis is looking for artists, so check out the website and contact them.)

Afterward, I dropped off a mug to a friend of mine, and spent some time with InvaderTim. Didn't get out of Rockford until late.

So, the plan was to have the A-C fixed today. Turns out that they thought the problem was "X", but it turned out to be "Y". Meanwhile, I'm cooking in here. Actually, I'm more worried about my computer than myself. I can always hop in the tub to cool down if need be; the computer...not such a good idea.

Reminder: We now have the Gorilla Art Thing Forums up and running. So far, it's only myself (Acumenical Goliard) and timmy on there. We're trying to get every artist in Rockford to sign up (they just don't know it yet...which would be the temporary speed bump). It doesn't matter how good or...well...not so good you are, use the space to showcase your work and to connect with other artists.

Hmmm... Maybe flyers.

0 comments: