Friday, June 17, 2005

A Change of Pace

Who's Got Your Back?
Title: Who's Got Your Back?


Tonight I decided to try something a bit different: comic book art. Thanks to my buddy Tim, I have a few new techniques that helped a lot. (Dodge and burn, baby! Dodge and burn!)

For those who think comic book art is a breeze, think again. This simple picture took me 3-1/2 hours. That's about 1-1/2 hours more than I expected. And this is only one picture. Typically, a comic page has from 4-7 panels (that are smaller, yes, but usually more complicated. And, a comic artist is expected to complete a page a day...every day. That's a lot more than I'm capable of.

So, I'm happy with it. Maybe, I'll play with this style a little more. Who knows, maybe I'll even put out my own comic book some day.

And don't forget: this Sunday is the guerilla art gathering (G.A.G.??) by the Octane in Rockford @ 1:00 p.m.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Good job, old top.

irreverance said...

Thanks!