Sunday, August 07, 2005

Stomach...Churning...

Okay, I'm nervous now. Oddly enough, when I went into the first meeting regarding this new call opportunity, I was barely nervous. Now, it's hitting pretty hard.

I went to Open Prarie NCD (UCC) in Princeton today for worship. Oddly enough, I've been there three times and have yet to hear the pastors preach. I hear they're awesome, but every day I've been there they've had a guest preacher.

Today, that was a real blessing. The college student (I believe her name is Dawn, but I forgot to bring home a bulletin) who preached gave a kick-ass sermon. I talked with her afterward about recording it and putting it on my Eclectic Podcasting Mass. I hope she decides to do that. I'd love to host it for her. It's her story, which is something that I think more people should hear.

Come to think of it, I should probably ask Open Prarie's pastors, Curran and Katie, if they would like me to host their sermons.

Well, I'm off to the big meeting.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Good luck in your joby thing.

And Kudos for using the phrase, “kick-ass sermon” for possibly the first time in recorded history.

The Catshark said...

Well I hope things went well for you!