Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Word is In

I've got the position! I will be the New Interim Associate Pastor at Second Congregational. From what I understand, I will be filling some really big shoes, so it's a bit intimidating. I received notice yesterday and will start tomorrow. The plan is to be in the Rockford area early and begin looking for appts. Then, I will meet the current Associate Pastor in the afternoon.

Employment: here I come!

Elsewhere in life...

This weekend I went to see Christina. It was good to get away and relax. Since her 9-yr old son wasn't there, we talked about painting his bathroom as a surprise. The theme would be "pirates." On wall #1: a skeleton with a pirate hat by a palm tree on a desert isle (I would point out at this point that skeletons are hard for me to do). On wall #2: a pirate ship on the ocean. On wall #3: a treasure chest peeking out from behind the toilet (part of the fun for this one would be seeing how long it took him to notice it was there). After a bit of planning, we decided that it might take too long to get it all together. We didn't want to take any chances on me having to leave before it was done. So, we decided to put it off until later. (I still really want to do it, though.)

We also went to Alladin's Castle in the mall. I haven't been in one of those in years. She beat me in air hockey, and for the record I didn't let her win. Also for the record, she only won by one point so I intend to get a rematch.

And, we watched The Bourne Identity. Great movie, but was it ever hard to stay awake. I was exhausted! A long day plus a really big meal at the Olive Garden (compliments of her dad, who gave us cash to go celebrate my new job...thank you!!) about put me to sleep half way through.

The big finale: We bought a lottery ticket. It better hit big, because we have already figured out how we are going to split our respective halves.

2 comments:

The Catshark said...

Woo Hoo! Good for you!

irreverance said...

Thanks! Unfortunately, we didn't win anything off the lottery though. Bummer.