Friday, August 19, 2005

First Week

So far, not a bad first week. I started Monday, and while there have been some interesting twists, nothing disasterous has happened. I've been really busy, so I haven't had a chance to contact Tim or anybody else (imagine links here to various MySpace pages that I don't have the addresses to right off hand) and say "hi." I'll have to give everybody a tour. The outside of the building is like a castle, and there's this awesome tower. I made sure to go up there on the first day.

I'm off on Fri and Sat, so I'll be hitting the housing ads pretty hard. I've settled on getting a small house. It's a lot more expensive, but I've been living out of boxes for the last 6 yrs and really need to feel spread out. The rental cost difference between Belvidere and Rockford is amazing! I figure living in Belvidere would increase my drive time from about 15 mins to 1/2 hr, but even with the cost of gas it might be well worth it.

The last couple of nights I've spent with my friends Eric and Ang and their kids. Tonight, I took the kids (ages 6 and 4) shopping for the stuff to make chili dogs. We had a lot of fun.

The current Associate Pastor's last day for the church is Sunday. After that, I will be the only pastor there for a week until the Senior Pastor returns from the mission trip to Angola. This could make for a very interesting second week on the job.

As I sit here, I'm working on Eric's computer. I'm jealous of his really cool cordless mouse that is overly-decorated with fully functional and useful buttons. I must get one of these things. Also, I forgot how awesome ergonomic keyboards were. Now, I can't remember why mine isn't hooked up to my computer. Was it because I needed an adapter? Maybe limited desk space? I'll have to check when I get home.

1 comments:

The Catshark said...

I have to agree on the house thing. I live in a tiny studio apartment. Not the best thing in the world. I feel crushed most of the time. But since I know for a fact I will not call Sonora my home Im not going buy a townhome out here until after I know what and where I am going! Did I confuse you enough? LOL