Saturday, June 06, 2009

Weekend #2

Last week, I started my new weekend hours at work. On Saturdays, I now go in at 7pm and get out at 6:30am Sunday morning. I go home, play with the cat, go to bed and get hopefully 8 hours of sleep, get up, and get back in the office at 6pm for another over-nighter.

Last week went relatively well. I didn't get a lot of sleep before the Saturday-Sunday shift, so I was tired. When I got home, Annabell went ape-shit. She was way too excited to see me. I spent some time with here, but after a while it was bedtime. She disagreed. I don't think I've ever seen her go berserk like that. She ran all around the apartment, clawed on nearly everything cloth to get my attention, and even jumped on the bed and ran in a circle. It's generally good to feel loved, but not so much when I'm trying to go to bed so I can get up for work. Eventually, she calmed down.

Early afternoon the Sunday lawn mowing started. I'm pretty sure I heard 2 lawn mowers and a weed whacker going at once. That really wasn't too bad though. I was able to get back to sleep relatively quickly.

Overall, I enjoy working nights. It's so quiet and peaceful. When I worked nights in the past, I was alone. Now, I have a workmate. It's nice having someone else there.

I got more sleep last night and I'm more prepared for tonight. It may take a couple of weeks for my body to fall into a rhythm. I hope Annabell adjusts as easily as I will.

0 comments: