Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The deviantART Store Is Now Open!

The place: deviantART.com
The alias: AcumenicalGoliard
(Please note that there is also a permanent link to the right)
The occasion: Grand Opening!

Yes, I finally (after about a year and a half of talk) got my on-line art store up and running. Right now, I only have a single piece set up for prints. But it turns out that I can set it up for a variety of different products...even coffee mugs! How indespensible is that? I have already bought some prints and the giant coffee mug to see how they turned out. Can't wait till they get here.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how the laws that govern art work when one has put together a piece of art that is based on another's piece of art. For example, I have a mural of a dragon that I did for an 8-yr old (who is now 9). It was based on a figurine. Can I sell prints or do I need to get permission? Well, I'll try to get permission. Better safe than sorry.

I'm obviously excited about this. deviantART is a great place. I can get lost in there for quite some time.

On a side note: Some assholes have been stealing the posters for my art classes. A small (very small) part of me is flattered. But...hello? They're up there for a reason. I wouldn't mind people stealing the posters if they were to sign up for classes. (Of course, then they would actually be paying for them, so that makes it a lot easier not to mind.)

0 comments: