Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I Had a Dream...

...and it went something like this. Somehow, through an on-line web board, I got connected with this young lass. We started talking about seeing each other, and she was getting ready to take a short trip to New Orleans. She said she would like to meet with me on the weekends. I said "Sure, where would you like to meet?" She said, "How about Boulder, CO?" Stunned, I said, "Boulder? Where do you live?" She said "Toronto." This did not help my confusion since Boulder is not on the way from Toronto to New Orleans, but I chalked it up to being a dream and geography being out of whack (yes, I think things like that in my dreams).

I mention that Boulder is kind of far. She says it's only about 12-14 hours away from me. I thought "'only'?"

Anyway, after a bit of discussion, she decided to drop by on her way through to New Orleans. She arrived, we talked for a few minutes. It turns out she's 23 years old, a bit young for me. We discussed how 12-14 hours is quite a long way, and decide not to take a relationship anywhere. Morever, it turns out that my mom does not like her. Not one bit. (Which is odd, because my mom tries to like everybody.) Then the wee lass leaves to N'awlins.

I hop on-line and meet someone else, by accident (which is much like the first time). I find myself going down the same basic path. I don't continue that on-line conversation, and instead find myself thinking, "Toronto really isn't that far."

So, everyone, any dream analysts there? I'm sure there's plenty in there to have fun with.

2 comments:

Fatherman said...

Dude, I think it means you spend too much time in cyberspace! It's one thing to meet a girl online, but to have to settle for dreaming about meeting a girl online? (just pulling your chain, man!)

irreverance said...

LOL!

Well lookie at who finally decided to show back up! :P

>>...too much time in cyberspace!<<

No such thing exists!

The funny thing is that I've never had any desire to do the on-line dating. So, where the hell did that part come from? Oh well.