Monday, May 23, 2005

Elves Rock!

Elven Archer in Tree

Ever since I saw an ancient movie entitled Hawk: The Slayer, I have loved elves. So when it comes to fantasy illustrations, they're my favorite subject.

It has been a long time since I tried to draw something from the fantasy (as opposed to sci-fi or horror) genre. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, the last fantasy drawing I did was in 1998. (*Gasp* Has it really been 7 years? Surely, I'm forgetting something I did in the gap.) So, I did the above pic tonight.

Funny thing. After I finished the figure in the tree, I stepped back and realized that I had drawn a similar picture when I was in High School. Talk about deja vu.

Time invested: about 3 hours. Working straight from my imagination takes a bit longer than working with a reference. So, I think I'm speeding up a bit.

3 comments:

MissionBound said...

Awesome! I like elves, too -- this is a great drawing.

Tim said...

Really good drawings. you rock.

irreverance said...

Thanks, you two.