Monday, July 18, 2005

Podcast Update...and Much, Much More!

Some time in the near future, my podcast location will be moving. I am using podblaze as a temporary trial run until I can get the real deal up and running. Tim has been talking with me about what I will need to set it all up. Here's hoping it goes smoothly.

Interestingly, when I was talking with him, he said he only had one show listed. Actually, there are two. I suspect that because podblaze only allows 15MB, the second one will not show up. So, to find it, people will have to go to the podblaze site...at least until I get the new one up.

I have pulpit supply set up for the next two Sundays. Hooray! And they're right down the road in Waltham Presbyterian Church. I was there for a Presbytery meeting a few months ago. They have this HUGE window behind the pulpit that allow everybody to see the corn in the background. Perhaps that's something only a midwesterner can truly appreciate.

I've finished the first draft of a short story that I'm turning into Travis of Aegis Studios. It will be a horror anthology set in the Contagion universe.

I had a friend over last week, so I didn't get to go to the Gorilla Art Thing yesterday. I heard it was hot. Very hot. Tim said he is going to start bringing drinks in mass quantities. So far, the forums are pretty dead, but we need to get people there first before we really start focusing on the forums. (However, if there are any artists out there who want to display their work with us, go right ahead. I'd love to see it and check them regularly since it is an admin requirment.) I'm toying with putting things on there myself.

Anyway, as I was saying about my friend who visited (Megalomaniac), he stayed for about a week. It was a really good week. We had talked about the idea of a "graphic novel." (This is what "Master of Shadows" posted earlier was about.) My experience with graphic novels is that they are kind of like big comic books design-wise. He was talking about full-page pics on one side with text (bubbles/boxes?) on the other. Apparently, they used to do this with Conan graphic novels. Sounds like fun. And a LOT less work for the artist, while also allowing for higher quality art.

2 comments:

The Catshark said...

Ive been working on a couple of things lately. Once finished, I will place them on display for a short while on my blog.

As for comic books and the like, a few friends of mine have read excerpts from my book and feel it would be best as a video game. So Im checking into the possibilities! :)

irreverance said...

That's awesome news! I definitely want to see your stuff when you get it on there.