Sunday, July 31, 2005

Fortune: "Happy News is on the Way"

That's what my fortune cookie said today. So, here's hoping.

Anyway, I did hear back about that job, but I haven't had time to post much here until now. They are now in the reference-check mode. When I applied, I put "references available upon request." I guess I wasn't thinking. I should have given them some names up front. I have good references, though, so this is a good thing.

Also, they needed a Statement of Faith. This is another thing typical of pastoral candidates. (Again, I should have got this to them earlier on.) I didn't send it with my ref's, because I wanted to look it over to see if I wanted to revise it. They were very cool with that. Funny thing is that I forgot that I sent it off to someone else earlier this year, so I had already touched it up. A couple of more final tweaks, and it was good to go.

So, now they should have everything. Hopefully, I will hear back from them mid-week. Till then, I'll just sweat it out some more.

This was a really good weekend. A friend of mine wanted me to come down and visit in the Springfield area. I had a decision to make: go to show off my art at the Ottawa River Days or go visit. I chose to go visit. It was a blast. I suspect her 9-year old had way too much fun shooting me...repeatedly...in an X-Box game called Timesplitters. That's an awesome game. I must remember never to get anything like that for my computer, lest I never get anything done ever again.

Alas, the result of being out of town was that I missed Battlestar Galactica. Now, I desparately have to find out when SciFi airs the rerun, or else I don't know how I will get through the week.

I didn't go to the Go/ue/rilla Art Thing today. I was intending to, but my nap lasted longer than intended. I hit the pillow some time after 1pm, closed my eyes, opened them again, and lo and behold it was 5pm. Yikes! It felt good though. Apparently, I really needed it.

Today was the last of my two-Sunday pulpit supply gig at the church down the road. That means that the second installment of the two-parter is finally done. I tried to put it together on Friday, but it just didn't come together. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday on it, and didn't really finish it until late last night. Of course, yaking constantly on the phone doesn't help time management any. (Hmm, maybe this has something to do with the long nap?) I should be able to get it up on my podcast soon. Tonight, though, I have phone calls out the wazoo to make, so I probably won't be able put it online until (maybe) late tonight or tomorrow.

Btw, I'm really excited about the stats that I'm getting on my podcast. It appears that I have somewhere between 11-20 subscribers. Unfortunately, I don't know whether I'm reading them right (which odds are good that I'm not.) So, if anyone out there has significant familiarity with the feedburner stats, please leave some suggestions for interpreting them.

1 comments:

The Catshark said...

Wow that is great news! I hope you get it! Oh the joy of children! I have a few friends with em and I always have a blast with em. Today before work I was drenched by a super soaker. My uniform and everything was soaking wet so due to the darling little angels delight, I was late for work. But thats ok when I have a free minute revenge is sweet! Heh heh heh! As for the Xbox, I have one of those but my computer is better.But lately Ive been busy with other things! Its funny I did all that work to make my computer better and I rarely play on it now. Figures!

Now for Sci-fi channel.You should get a DVR like I have so you won't miss any of your favorite shows! But it will be in repeat, don't you fret! I got to see it but Im not gonna tell you what happened! :)

As for sleeping, what is that? I never get enough sleep.

That is great about your podcast!I hope you have 20 people listening to it! It would be great to see em place comments on something, or better yet start a discussion. It would be nice if people would come out of the woodwork and participate! It would be fun!