Monday, April 18, 2005

I'm Back

I just got back in from seeing Christina and Jacob last night. That was apparently just what I needed to unwind. I feel like I'm ready to get back in the saddle again today.

Jacob's 9th birthday party was at Skank Skates. He and his friends had a ball with their bikes and scooters. As I recall, none of them actually used a skateboard for any extended period of time. But they had fun taking other wheeled instuments up the hills. It turned out that there was an art show next door, so that made me happy. Not all the pieces were all that good, but there were a few that were outstanding. Such is to be expected though. It's really good to bounce into that alternative culture every once in a while.

We went to Christina's mom and dad's for lunch on Sunday. Her sister and Roger were there (who is apparently in the dog house). Spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread. It was very good. Afterward we had an orange-something-or-other cake that was yummy too. Unfortuanately, I couldn't finish it all.

Well, today at 1pm, I have my comparative religions class. I need to get everything ready for that.

Although today is my scheduled "day off" for the week and I should do nothing work related today, I think I'll be doing plenty tonight and try to take some time off later in the week.

0 comments: