Thursday, February 24, 2005

Constantine


Megan and I went to see Constantine yesterday. I heard some pretty bad reviews ahead of time. The basic story comes from a DC comic, Hellblazer. Apparently, there were a number of incongruities. That might have had something to do with the negative reviews. (I wouldn't know for sure, since I have unfortunately not seen the comic series.)

Both of us were surprised at how much we liked it. I hear that Keanu Reeves did a terrible job, but I didn't see anything wrong with his performance (perhaps they were expecting something more like the comic?).

In a nutshell, it is a story about salvation. From what is he saved? Himself. What saves him? Love. It's quite a story. The graphics are pretty good. When it gets to DVD (and goes down in price), I think I might have to pick it up.

0 comments: