Sunday, February 13, 2005

Am I Just Dreaming Again?

How often do I get these creative urges that ultimately lead to nothing? Well, I think I caught the bug again. I've really been thinking about writing a sci-fi book. Actually, it is more of a series with an unknown number of volumes. The idea is to make them the short, quick adventurous reads which cause significant reflective thought. I figure each would be about 120-150 pages each.

Here's the unique thing. I'm considering putting it on a blog. Yes, I know, I already said that it was insane to do so. But I thought of some reasons to do so.

1. Immediate feedback.
2. The fun of blogging it might keep me writing on it when I'm tempted to quit.
3. I don't really think that I'll ever finish it anyway, since my history identifies high odds on this being but another dream.
4. If I were ever to sell it, I can always delete the blog. Simple as that.

Of course, the obvious problem is when I will get time to work on this. Which brings up the question, will it ever get off the ground? Only time will tell.

0 comments: