Sunday, February 27, 2005

"Re-Centering My Self"

A poem I wrote from 23 April 2004

***************
I grow so weary of this quest
To find myself,
To find my center.

Breath in, breathe out.
Become aware of beating heart.
Calmness, stillness.
Silence. Peace.

But peace can be pushed to the breaking point
And many will seek to uncover where that is.
You rant and rave in my face in hate.
To become your enemy? Is that my fate?

Breathe in, breathe out.
Breathe in, breath out.
Breathe in, breathe…aw screw it.
“Kiss my ass you stupid moron!”

I turn my back and walk away,
You’re just too much idiot for me to deal with today.
As my frustration reigns,
For forgiveness I pray…

Because I’ve come to know the secret of my “self’
Just like you, I’m self-absorbed too.
We are one in our humanness.
I find my “self” in you.

Without you I can’t exist.
Without you I know no hope.
Without you I lose my identity…
but it is hard
To center my life
on one who calls me
“enemy.”

My-self, your-self,
No-self, more-self.
Nevermore for war and pain,
Where love abounds there’s life to gain.
***************

0 comments: