Thursday, February 03, 2005

DVD Discussion Group

I just got back from leading a DVD discussion group on The Historical Jesus. I was a bit worried going in that the people who were signed up weren't going to show. Fact is, they didn't. Instead, I ended up with a completely different group. It was a lot of fun. Great discussion.

This is often a difficult topic in general when dealing with Christians. Many (the more dogmatic type) find the quest for the historical Jesus threatening. Luckilly, this group had no problem with this. What a relief.

If others show up, though, I'll still have to be considerate of where they might be in their faith. Indeed, I suspect that those who originally signed up will arrive eventually. The question is "when?" And what will these party-crashers be like? I look forward to meeting them. We'll see what happens when they get here.

0 comments: